Unstable wireless signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable wireless signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unstable wireless signal
Unstable wireless signal
2023-03-05 19:53:56 - last edited 2023-03-06 18:25:43
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently installed Seven (7) pieces of EAP 245 and it has been giving issues since the day of Installation. The WIFI signal do goes OFF and ON. I have tried all I could but nothing seems to be working. Another brand of wireless access point was used as test and I didn't experience such issue. Kindly help in that regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unstable wireless signal
2023-03-05 22:54:14 - last edited 2023-03-06 18:25:43

@Hollar 

Hey

Could you give us some more information on how you have set this up what you mean by "Off and On", sorry its not clear what you are indicating.

Are you running a controller to manage the APs?   Is this happening on both 2.4 and 5ghz?   what do you experience when it happens and how are the APs setup in general.   As much info as you can provide would help!

Options
2023-03-06 07:35:04

Hi @Hollar 

May I know how you power on these EAP245?  Make sure your PoE switch or PoE adapter support 802.3 af PoE.

Try fixed wireless channel on all EAPs. For example if EAP1 is using channel 1, then the closest EAP2 should use channel 6 or 11 etc.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-06 18:24:57
All the Aps were adopted via Omada Controller. This happens on both 2.4 ang 5. This is what I noticed after installation, the APs Wi-Fi signal will suddenly disappeared and comes on again within minute or two a times. The Aps might be working fine for hours without interruption but this occur again suddenly.
Options
2023-03-06 18:29:07
All APs were initially powered via POE switch but when the issues came up POE adapter was used which didn't solve the issue. Also, all the APs are on different channels and this issue persist.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 4

Related Articles