Issue with running Windows 7 Backup and Restore to External USB-HDD on Archer AX11000 via Wi-Fi link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue with running Windows 7 Backup and Restore to External USB-HDD on Archer AX11000 via Wi-Fi link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 10:19:25
Tags: #USB Sharing #Permissions Issue
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(5553)

Alright Friends, I have a really weird issue and need your guidance please. This issue is currently stumping a "Level 2 Microsoft Engineer" who is trying to figure it out. 

Router > TP-Link Archer AX11000

USB HDD > Western Digital MyPassport Ultra

Connection > Archer to Western Digital via USB-A port

Connection > Laptop to Router via Wi-Fi 5.8GHz interface

Details:

> The USB-HDD can be accessed for regular file storage with the laptop. Files can go both ways no problem

> The USB-HDD has been set up as a Network Location and a Network Drive

> The Router is setup to use Secure Sharing

> Windows 7 Backup and Restore fails stating access denied

Other possibly pertinent information

> The Router has Samba and FTP enabled

> Network Location on Laptop was created using IP Address

> Network Drive on Laptop was setup using IP address

> Network Location and Network Drive do not show on "Network" window

> Router has been set to use HTTPS but it still shows HTTPS with a line through it on address bar and a note saying "Not Secure"

> In "Local Security Policy" I found a line that says "Microsoft Network Client: Send un-encrypted password to third-party SMB servers" > It is marked as "Disabled"

> Unable to change "Permissions" in Advanced tab of "Security" when opening "Properties" via right click from My PC > The user category "Everyone" has no permissions enabled currently

> "Level 2 Microsoft Engineer" seems to just be Googling things I have Googled already. Nothing really "Advanced" has been tried. They keep "Focusing on the problem" not "Working the solution".

** None of this really means anything to me. I am not a networking type. I just want to have my External USB HDD plugged into the router to use as a storage location for backups and larger files. I will gladly change any and all configs to get that to happen. So, please do not focus on fixing this issue if my setup is wrong. Just tell me how I should set it up. Alternately, if this is the way it is supposed to be setup but it is having issues, I can get whatever data you need to troubleshoot and make and advisement. Just give me simple steps and I will follow them. 

Options