No IPV4 internet address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No IPV4 internet address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No IPV4 internet address
No IPV4 internet address
2023-03-09 10:49:04 - last edited 2023-03-30 07:52:50
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:‪1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220513 Rel.40397n

Hello,

I am trying to use my router to connect to an raspberry pi with domoticz. I am only getting an ipv6 address, but not an ipv4 address. Is there a way to force an ipv4 address? Or do I need to go over IPV6?

I took the router offline again, so no worries about the ip addresses in the screen print. 

It is a dutch simcart from youfone

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No IPV4 internet address-Solution
2023-03-10 10:32:49 - last edited 2023-03-30 07:52:50

@Maos 

Hi, may I know who the ISP is? 

Please check the PDP Type on Advanced->Network->Internet page, if it is on IPv4&IPv6, please create a new profile manually and set it to IPv4 only to see if you will get IPv4 address.

By the way, if you insert the same SIM card into any other 4G routers, will you get both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with the same profile settings at same location?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No IPV4 internet address-Solution
2023-03-10 10:32:49 - last edited 2023-03-30 07:52:50

@Maos 

Hi, may I know who the ISP is? 

Please check the PDP Type on Advanced->Network->Internet page, if it is on IPv4&IPv6, please create a new profile manually and set it to IPv4 only to see if you will get IPv4 address.

By the way, if you insert the same SIM card into any other 4G routers, will you get both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with the same profile settings at same location?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No IPV4 internet address
2023-03-29 14:23:20

@Sunshine 

I did not have time to test earlier. 

My ISP is youfone (kpn)

Creating a new profile with only IPv4 indeed gives me an ip adress. I will try another router, but did not have the chance to do that yet.

But even with the new profile with IP address, I cannot remotely connect to the router.

I enabled remote management. Then i tried connecting via the port mentioned: 8082. I switched to port 8090 just for checking.  And then I tried connecting via HTTPS and port 443. All three options didn't function.

When I go to the site whatismyip I get a different IP than the router gives me.

And trying to connect to the router using te IP of that site also doesn't function.

Options
Re:No IPV4 internet address
2023-03-30 07:55:32

@Maos 

If the Internet IPv4 address on Status page of the 4G router is different from the address of whatismyip website, it means the IP address given by your ISP is a private IP/CGNAT IP address, there is another NAT on ISP side, that is also why the remote web management doesn't work.

It is recommended to contact the ISP to confirm if they could assign you a public IP address directly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 3

Related Articles