Archer C64 cannot access the internet as an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 19:22:52
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.0

I tried to set it up as an access point, I ran the diagnostics and it said that the device (archer c64) connect to to the internet. Yes, my cables work, yes, I pluged it to the WAN port in Archer and LAN in my main router, and yes, I tried restarting it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C64 cannot access the internet as an AP
2023-03-10 07:12:35 - last edited 2023-03-10 15:38:36

@F123 

You FW version is too old - update C64 FW to v1.11.30 from here. Here's how to do that manually - Case 1.

Follow this guide for configuring C64 in AP mode - Case 1. For C64 LAN settings select Dynamic IP - you can use IP address reservation for C64 on your main router if you want.

Upon successful configuration your C64 Network Map should look like this:

What's your main router make and model, who's your ISP ?

Perhaps the problem is which LAN port on your main router you're connecting C64.

Can you post a screenshot like the one above from your C64 ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C64 cannot access the internet as an AP
2023-03-10 10:49:57

@terziyski thank you for your answer, I didn't notice that my firmware wasn't up to date. however, I updated it and my problem has not been solved yet, my AP still doesn't connect with the internet. I begin to wonder, is it possible that my main router somehow blocks my AP from connecting with the internet? Unfortunately, my main router's settings can be accessed only through my ISP's website and are heavily limited, so it is harder for me to diagnose the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 413

Replies: 2