5G activated SIM in India is not working in MR600 v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-11 10:00:31
Tags: ##noDataAccessWith5GActivatedSIM
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:‪1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hi,

I am using the Archer MR600 v2 for the past one and a half years. At the beginning of use I tried to lock bands on this router but, after a few seconds or minutes band locking disappears/sets to automatic bands.I searched the internet about this issue and other telegram groups for help and came to know that band locking doesn't work on v2 & v3 routers. It is sad to have this router that doesn't work band locking but, it supports band locking (what tp-link customer care says)blush. I let it go "trying to lock the bands".

Now I am facing a problem with the router that a 5G activated SIM/a SIM used in a 5G handset before is not working in this router anymore for data access. I tried changing APN settings but it is not working. Then I checked for a firmware update from the router page but there is no firmware update. I checked the Tp-Link download center of my region (India)

there I found an update (Firmware & ISP), I downloaded them and updated them as instructed in the pdf. Now my MR600 v2 router is updated to the latest firmware and ISP but Still I am not accessing the data from the 5G activated SIM. But, the signal is showing. The USSD codes are also not working.

USSD Code

Options
6 Reply
Re:5G activated SIM in India is not working in MR600 v2
2023-03-12 04:15:54

@RameshGokamalla bro i am facing same issue.simcard in my router is 5G activated and it is not working. 2999 recharge is going to dust and they are doing nothing about it.shame on tp link

Options
2023-03-12 06:57:28

@Blackstorm So Sad Bro

Try this firmware & ISP upgrade if you're using the same MR600 v2 router and check. Fortunately, I've not used my V! postpaid SIM in a 5G device May be that's why it is working. At least the router is working with only a 4G-enabled SIM what if we insert a 5G-enabled SIM in the router and the whole router doesn't work even if you insert only 4G enabled SIM later? 😂. The router becomes useless. However, Tp-Link doesn't give any updates on these issues.😒.

For me, The remote access is also not working.

Lazy Tp-Link.should provide a working update on this.

Options
2023-03-16 03:01:38

@RameshGokamalla  @Blackstorm 

Hi, we've received similar feedback from other 5G Jio SIM card users, since some users mentioned that the 5G Jio SIM card stops working on any of his routers including Huawei and TP-Link, we doubt that the 5G Jio SIM card is limited to use on smartphones only or on Jio-supplied router only, so it is highly recommended to contact Jio confirm if there are such restrictions with the 5G Jio SIM card.

At the same time, we've already tried to contact India local support team, they are trying to upgrade their 4G Jio SIM card to 5G as well for testing, if there is any update, I will let you know. Or you could also contact the local support team in India directly.

Your understanding and cooperation would be highly appreciated.

Options
2023-03-27 11:27:43 - last edited 2023-03-27 13:23:23

@Sunshine  Not only Jio. V! (Vodafone !dea) network SIM is also not working. I've tried with both the network 5G SIMs in MR600 V2 with March FIRMWARE update but, no luck. None worked. Is this something related to bands? That MR600 doesn't have?

Options
2023-03-28 07:28:49

@RameshGokamalla 

Hi, For Jio SIM issue, please refer to this post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/604130

For VI SIM issue, it is better to start a new post for VI SIM, and please help to confirm the following information:

1. is your VI SIM card 5G SIM as well? Was it working fine before you updated it to 5G?

2. please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system log file.

3. is the same VI SIM still working on other 4G devices? If so, which band the other device is using at same location?

Options
2023-09-26 05:31:21
Same problem i am facing with TP-Link Mr6500v Router and i have contacted to Tp_link again and again but no resoltion and my 2999 recharge is also going to the dust.. Shame on you Tp-Link.. Very disappointed
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 2257

Replies: 6

Tags

#noDataAccessWith5GActivatedSIM
Related Articles