My Tp Link router is working fine with Lan but wifi has stopped working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 11:12:47
Tags: #wifi
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160406 Rel.40792n

Hello.

So I was out of town for 5 days and when i left home my router was working fine (both Wired and Wireless connections), I came home today and turned on my router and then notice that wired connection is working perfectly but wifi is not working. I am getting exclamation sign on wifi icon on all of my wifi devices. I restarted the router again but it didn't help. I'm not good with the technical stuff and I am at loss as what do i need to do to make it work again.

I'll really appreciate the help from you guys to fix the issue, thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:My Tp Link router is working fine with Lan but wifi has stopped working.
2023-03-12 11:19:38

Hello @Zaselim 

Could you please specify what's the issue caused by the Wi-Fi exclamation sign? Are your devices not even connected to the Wi-Fi network or they are connected but have a "No internet connection" error? 

If you found my post helpful or useful, please upvote it by clicking on the corresponding button under my post.
Options
2023-03-13 06:30:21

@endless_despair My internet device is working and connected to my TP Link router and through it Lan/wired connection is working. My WiFi devices do get connected to my tp link router but in WiFi network selection screen (mobile/laptop devices) it says Internet may not be available below the network name. And it also has the exclamation sign with the WiFi icon.

Options
2023-03-13 08:29:40

@Zaselim 

Hi, you can login to the router web interface page to see if there is still a working IP address under WAN/Internet. Reset and reconfigure the router if not.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-13 09:05:54

@Liverpool20 Yes there are ip, mac, subnet, default gateway, dns etc addresses present in WAN as well.

Options
2023-03-17 11:12:37

@Zaselim 

If that is the case, I guess it's only the wireless network that stops working.

Log into the web management page of the router, then try to modify the wireless settings, try changing the wireless network name to a new one, change the channel to one that gets less interference with your neighbors, choose the security as WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router and connect to the new wireless network to see if you can get the internet back.

This is the guide to modify wireless settings on the router.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-17 13:02:16

@Liverpool20 

I reset the router and it worked. 

Thanks. 

Options