Add printer to Deco X95

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Add printer to Deco X95

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Add printer to Deco X95
Add printer to Deco X95
2023-03-18 09:13:22
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, does anyone know how to add Canon Pixma MG2960 colour printer wireless to Deco X95. Printer has no Ethernet port, it support Cloud print. Cheers.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add printer to Deco X95
2023-03-18 12:16:15 - last edited 2023-03-18 12:17:30

@JT25 

There is an extensive User Guide by Canon how to connect that printer to home WiFi network. For that printer, you have to connect device such as PC or smartphone to its temporary WiFi, that device will upload your home network WiFi credentials to the printer using tools specific for the type of the device, then printer is supposed to use these credentials to connect to your home WiFi network, which is Deco mesh I assume.

Which of these steps fails?

Options
2023-03-19 00:59:55

@Alexandre. 

I'm not a tech savvy person.

I did followed the instructions during the setup, but it didn't work.

Tried many times, even used the option of usb cable temporarily to setup on wireless connection as instructed.

I also tried to use my phone to add the printer to the network using the canon app for pixma printer, it did added the printer to the network but it went to sleep/off mode even the printer was turned on.

I tried to do the setup again on my computer hoping it will pick-up the printer on the network but it didn't detected.

I remembered when using Asus router, there is a WPS button to try to add the printer to the network, but there is no such button on Deco X95.

I tried using 2.4 band, or 2.4 and 5.0 bands and I also tried using a new printer usb cable.

So I really not sure what or where it went wrong.

Options
2023-03-19 01:21:21

@JT25 

I checked Deco X95 User Manual and it says that model does support WPS. There is no button on Deco unit, you must use Deco app. This document will explain how to enable WPS on Deco: How to enable WPS function on Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 3

Related Articles