AV2000 has terrible latency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 14:25:59
Model: Archer CR1900  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Who knows

I had the AV1000 powerline adapter for several years, and it worked fine. About a year ago I replaced it with the faster AV2000 version. This was even faster, and stable for about a year. Then I started getting stability problems that grew in frequency. I eventually debugged the problem to this device's latency, which grew to several thousand milliseconds.

I got on tech support with the company. The 'tech' ignored everything I told them, and kept asking questions which would have been unecessary if they paid attention. Eventually, they relented and let me RMA, and replaced them with refurbished PLAs. These also worked great for about a month, but are now behaving the same.

Does TP-Link update the firmware? That would be disturbing on its own, but is that causing the problem here? The older version works fine OVER THE EXACT SAME PATH.

Unfortunately, the only way to work with the firmware is via windoze, apparently, which I don't use or have. Linux is not possible?

(Ignore the required model name from the form. The forum has an incomplete list).

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV2000 has terrible latency
2023-03-24 10:10:59

@Jdsmf 

Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Really sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused. Upon checking, you have already contacted our technical support team and the case is now escalated to senior engineer, the senior engineer will follow up your case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1