Can't login to Tether after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 22:49:44 - last edited 2023-03-24 10:03:37
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20230213 rel.74634(4555)

After updating the firmware. I couldn't login using Tether but I can login through the browser. I tried to unbind it but still it's not successful. What can I do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't login to Tether after firmware update
2023-03-24 10:03:05

@valqueue 

Hi,

What's the error message?

Once login via the Tether app, you need to input the device login password but not the password for your TP-Link account. Check this FAQ for details.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-06-30 19:59:43 - last edited 2023-07-03 18:17:46

@Liverpool20 

Same issue. Still get notifications of devices connected, etc.   When I go to log in with the routers PW it times out. Let me get the exact error

Login failed. You may  be connected to a guest network, limited  by Parental Controls or  your network may be  unstable.  

Liverpool20 wrote

@valqueue 

Hi,

What's the error message?

Once login via the Tether app, you need to input the device login password but not the password for your TP-Link account. Check this FAQ for details.

Options
2023-07-03 06:55:20

@dirtyballoonot 

Are you connected to the main network of the AX55?

If yes, and you do remember the login password correctly, please try resetting the AX55 to factory defaults and reconfigure it to see if you can login to the device on the Tether App.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-03 18:15:53

Liverpool20 wrote

@dirtyballoonot 

Are you connected to the main network of the AX55?

If yes, and you do remember the login password correctly, please try resetting the AX55 to factory defaults and reconfigure it to see if you can login to the device on the Tether App.

I'm a 20 year IT pro.  I know that I can do a master reset, the problem is that I didn't save a current backup prior.  My fault.  Never had an issue with consumer grade router FW in the past.

I tried the tplink website, tether app, telnet, static IPs, as suggested in other threads.  None of which work.  I have a year old settings backup I hope that has enough.

FYI.  That's not really a solution or helpful.  @Liverpool20 

Options
2023-07-04 12:36:10 - last edited 2023-07-04 13:02:58

@dirtyballoonot 

If you still have access to the router through its WebGUI (via browser) like the OP, you can make a configuration backup.

Update your router to the latest v1.1.8 FW release. Then again, you can make a configuration backup yet with the updated FW.

Bind your TP-LInk cloud account again and try to access the router via Tether app.

If the issue persists look for any administrative access restriction configured on the router:

If you can't access the router WebGUI - follow this FAQ.

Reset to factory defaults would be the last resort if anything else fails. Hopefully you already should have a backup of your current configuration.

If you have any concerns or questions you may contact your local tech support here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 949

Replies: 5

Related Articles