Difficulty Accessing RTSP Feed Remotely via No-IP Domain and TP-Link MR6400 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Difficulty Accessing RTSP Feed Remotely via No-IP Domain and TP-Link MR6400 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-24 14:04:28
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n

Hi ,

I am experiencing issues with remotely accessing my IP camera's RTSP feed using a No-IP domain on my TP-Link MR6400 router.

Below, I have provided detailed information about my setup and the problem I am facing.

1. IP camera: Foscam IP camera connected to the router's network
  2. No-IP setup: I have configured a dynamic DDNS with No-IP as the provider, and the domain name is mapped to my router's IP address.
  3. Port forwarding: I have enabled port forwarding in the router to redirect requests to the Foscam IP camera. Two ports are configured: an external port (1818) and an internal port for the camera (88).
  4. RTSP URL: I have constructed the RTSP URL using the No-IP domain, external port (1818), and the camera's RTSP path.
  5. Local network access: I can successfully access the RTSP feed using the router's public IP address within the same network.
  6. Remote network access: I am unable to access the RTSP feed using the router's public IP address or the No-IP domain from an external network.

7. IP address discrepancy: The WAN IPv4 IP address displayed on the router does not match the IP address shown in the No-IP portal but its same as whats my IP website IP address probably thats the issue also and router WAN IP start with 10.
  8. tried setting up  open vpn also but getting connection timeout from outside network from a open vpn client 

I have already attempted the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Double-checked port forwarding settings on the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Difficulty Accessing RTSP Feed Remotely via No-IP Domain and TP-Link MR6400 Router
2023-03-27 10:47:33

@loki-11 

Hi, you mentioned that the 4G WAN IP displayed on the MR6400 starts with 10. which is a private IP address, it means there is another NAT in front of the MR6400, if you are using SIM card inside the MR6400 for internet access, that NAT is on your ISP side. That is why the remote access to the local camera or VPN Server doesn't work.

Please note that the DDNS binds to the real public IP address, so it is normal that it is different from 4G WAN IP displayed on the MR6400 since the 4G WAN IP is a private IP address.

To solve the problem, it is recommended to contact your ISP to add if they could assign you a public IP address directly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 1

Related Articles