AV600 powerline Wi-Fi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 09:34:21
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All, Having purchased the above kit based on it's claim to achieve up to 300m on the same phase/circuit, I find that the best that I can achieve is about 25/30m. This includes turning off/unplugging or opening circuit breakers to remove as much interference as possible.

I resorted to proving usability to the far end of our house (outside) then inserting an extension cord (15m), Wi-Fi was achievable but no ethernet or internet. Additionally, the nearest neighbour is about 500m away.

The million dollar question is how do I get it to work for about 100m, on the same phase with very little possible interference? Any comments or suggestions would be most welcome, I'm at my wits end. TKU.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 powerline Wi-Fi extender
2023-03-29 10:32:17

@Old-John_1 

Hi,

1. You mean the length of power cord, right? May I know how you measure the length of the cord especially for the cord in the wall? it might not be so straight.

2. The maximum distance range is 300 meters.  However, with noise, interference, and line quality the range the powerline adapter can reach may be reduced.  

3. Are your powerline adapters plugged into a power strip or surge protector? If yes, unplug them and reconnect the adapters to wall outlets

4. Please check whether any devices use electricity to power a motor around the powerline adapters. Devices such can be, air-conditioners, washing machines, fans, kitchen appliances, etc. If possible, please move these devices or move the powerline adapter.  If that is not possible, these devices can be plugged into a surge protector to avoid interfering with the Powerline Adapters.

5. When the length is more than 25/30m, are the two powerline units paired successfully or not? Please look at the LED which looks like a house to confirm it.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 1

Related Articles