How to improve TP Link Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 12:02:04

I have been using Powerline for about 20 years I think now. Mixture of TL-PA4010 (not in drop downs above) and AV500s.

We moved house and I am trying to extend signal from the 150Mbs fibre router to the rest of the house

What I am finding with the tpPlc utility is that extenders are talking to eachother at over 300Mbs in the rest of the house - but the connections from these to extender next to router is more like 80Mbs. 

I have tried moving that extender to the adjacent power socket and running the ethernet cable along the floor to it from the router.

I have read that AC adaptors can put noise on the circuit. And there is one for the router, one for their supplied WiFi box and one for a small hub they supplied.

Any recomendations? Would it help to put the 3 adaptors on a block with some noise suppression? If so, what should I look for? Or what brand/model?

Mike

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to improve TP Link Speeds
2023-04-04 06:01:15

@mikecrumble 

Hi, could you please swap the powerline units and connect another powerline unit to your router to see if the issue happens at same location or happens with the same unit? which could narrow down the issue to confirm if it is the location issue or product issue.

If it is indeed the location issue, please refer to the instruction below:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 1

Related Articles