RE330 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender EasyMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE330 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender EasyMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:RE330 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender EasyMesh
2023-09-06 17:41:38

@cl-7k-01 

Hi,

On retail wireless routers made by TP-Link this band steering feature is called "Smart Connect". Don't ask me why TP-Link uses different terminology for the routers they make specially for ISPs, like the VX1810v.

Anyway, out of interest today I activated Smart Connect for the very first time and my whole EasyMesh network consisting of two Archer C64 and one RE305 (all regular retail products) switched to one SSID for both bands without any problem.

I can only imagine that for some reason "Band Steering" and "Smart Connect" are incompatible with each other, even though they essentially do the same thing.

Options
Re:RE330 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender EasyMesh
2023-09-07 06:36:05

woozle wrote

@cl-7k-01 

Hi,

On retail wireless routers made by TP-Link this band steering feature is called "Smart Connect". Don't ask me why TP-Link uses different terminology for the routers they make specially for ISPs, like the VX1810v.

Anyway, out of interest today I activated Smart Connect for the very first time and my whole EasyMesh network consisting of two Archer C64 and one RE305 (all regular retail products) switched to one SSID for both bands without any problem.

I can only imagine that for some reason "Band Steering" and "Smart Connect" are incompatible with each other, even though they essentially do the same thing.

@woozle 

The VX1810v modem is sold in the retail market. It is not provided by the ISP.
In the VX1810v firmware there is no "Smart connection" entry, only "Band sterring".
In my opinion, the firmware is simply poorly written.
I bought at Amz and I will return this junk, but what about the others? How will they do?

Options
Related Articles