Need support to move router registration to a new TP-Link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-05 13:04:03 - last edited 2023-04-06 07:34:33
Tags: #TP-Link ID
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, I need support to move my router registration to a new TP-Link ID. I deleted my old account as it was using an obsolete email address, but I forgot to unbind the router before that so now I get the following message when trying to use my new ID: "You cannot log in to this router since you are not a manager of it. Please ask the owner to add you to the managers list."

@Kevin_Z Could you please help with this? I can provide account & router MAC address info, as requested. smiley

Archer AX20 V3
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Need support to move router registration to a new TP-Link ID-Solution
2023-04-06 03:40:17 - last edited 2023-04-06 07:34:33

Hello @mine2505 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

You may login to the router web GUI by entering tplinkwifi.net on a browser, then enter the local password used to login to the router. Go to Advanced > TP-Link ID, enter the login details for your new TP-Link account, and press Log In.

If this doesn't work, you may need to reset the AX20 to factory defaults as described here, then bind it to your existing TP-Link account as follows:

How to register a TP-Link cloud account for my TP-Link wireless router to manage it remotely

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Need support to move router registration to a new TP-Link ID-Solution
2023-04-06 03:40:17 - last edited 2023-04-06 07:34:33

Hello @mine2505 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

You may login to the router web GUI by entering tplinkwifi.net on a browser, then enter the local password used to login to the router. Go to Advanced > TP-Link ID, enter the login details for your new TP-Link account, and press Log In.

If this doesn't work, you may need to reset the AX20 to factory defaults as described here, then bind it to your existing TP-Link account as follows:

How to register a TP-Link cloud account for my TP-Link wireless router to manage it remotely

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Need support to move router registration to a new TP-Link ID
2023-04-06 07:34:29

@Kevin_Z Thank you, I managed to configure the new TP-Link ID after a factory reset. yes

Archer AX20 V3
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 2

Tags

TP-Link ID
Related Articles