Votes

App notification for Wi-Fi being down?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-08 11:28:07 - last edited 2023-04-10 06:41:54

Hi, I'm fairly new to using a mesh system, but I was wondering if there's any way of getting the app to let you know if your wifi is down? We're with Virgin Media so we get a fair amount of disruption frown but I don't always know immediately when our service goes down. Usually I go find the nearest deco to see if the light has turned red, but if there was an app notification to let me know proactively, that would be really helpful. Is this currently available, or something that's in the works? Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:App notification for Wi-Fi being down?
2023-04-09 05:56:57 - last edited 2023-04-10 06:41:48

@TSBTM Usually the phone's WiFi sends a notification like "[WiFi name] can't connect to the internet/ has no internet access"

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-04-09 07:47:36 - last edited 2023-04-10 06:41:48

@ImtiazAli Thanks for your reply. In my experience, I only get that notification if I'm actually using my phone - ie nothing comes through on the lock screen as a proactive alert. 

The other problem is that my devices can 'think' that they're happily connected to the mesh network but the Virgin Media source wifi can be down, and I won't know unless I look at the colour of the deco light. 

I just think it would be really convenient to have a notification on the app when the light goes red. 

Options
RE:App notification for Wi-Fi being down?
2023-04-10 13:14:53
a notification in the deco app that internet is down would help me a lot
Options
RE:App notification for Wi-Fi being down?
2023-04-25 18:17:44
this would be helpful
Options
2023-05-09 04:06:23

@TSBTM I understand.

Currently, the app's priority is whether you're connected to the Deco, not whether Deco has access to the internet or not  frown

Nevertheless, that notification will be really helpful.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 316

Replies: 5

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters