Is there any way to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" from a Linux OS for my powerline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there any way to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" from a Linux OS for my powerline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-09 06:27:52
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.4 Build 20220407 Rel.54776

The only way to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" is from the tpPLC utility, which is a windows-only utility.

Is there any way to enable this feature from a Linux-OS ?

Why oh why can't this feature be enabled/disabled from the web interface of the powerline?

And how hard can it be for a multi-billion company like tp-link to make a simple utility for Linux? I mean the global internet infrastructure is running on Linux machines.... Come on TP-LINK it's 2023....

Options
4 Reply
Re:Is there any way to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" from a Linux OS for my powerline?
2023-05-08 09:25:39

@gdp77 

Hi, for HomePlug AV or AV2 powerline devices, the "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" switch is only available on the tpPLC utility now, we will record your case and report to senior engineer so that they could evaluate whether it is possible to add it on web interface.

For now, if you don't have any Windows or MAC computer to install the tpPLC utility, it is recommended to use Virtual machines such as Wine etc. to install Windows applications on the Linux, after you disable it, you could uninstall it as well.

Options
Re:Is there any way to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode" from a Linux OS for my powerline?
2023-05-08 12:50:14

@Sunshine 

Please DO consider implementing this feature in the web interface. Not only Linux users but chrome OS users as well don't have access to this feature which is essential, as powelines often interfere with VDSL internet connections resulting in a lot of connectivity problems. Why do we need, in the first place, a separate app for this feature? Normally all network devices should have the capability to be configured from web interface.

Thank you.

Options
2023-06-21 13:06:44 - last edited 2023-06-21 13:08:21

@gdp77 Well, plain PLC adapters - those without WiFi - do not have a web interface to begin with, and consequently do not even have an IP address. They are entirely invisible to the upper layers of the network stack. You absolutely do need a PLC-aware piece of utility software for configuration and updates.

The new generation PLCs based on G.hn technology finally do have a browser frontend, btw.

Options
2023-06-21 13:54:15

@PeterM. Which are those models?

Options