TP-Link AC5400 - W11 no longer able to access the Routers Hud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-09 22:46:16

So I have a TP-Link AC5400, and it has been fantastic for me.

However I have upgraded my PC to W11 (don't hate me ! but progress is progress) 

But when I enter the link that worked on W10 it just times out, in W10 I did get the message about the site is not trusted and I can select "Go ahead" and I was in, now I get : 

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.1 took too long to respond.

Any idea's ? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC5400 - W11 no longer able to access the Routers Hud
2023-04-09 23:50:42

@Wembley 

Hi,

With Windows 11 the behavior should be exactly the same as with Windows 10.

Can you still access the router webpage via 192.168.0.1 from other devices (like phone, tablet or anything else that has a web browser)?

Options
2023-04-10 21:17:33

@woozle 

Hi, 

So I can't access through my W11 device or even my phone, however I fired up my old W10 pc (I say no that old 15 days since I passed it on to my Daughter) and can access the router page straight away.. 

Just for context I got my new pc around 15 days ago and backup and restored my bookmarks to my new device, I use the same browser and same AV 

I have doubled checked the URL and it matches from both machines. 

On my W11 device I just get "This site Can't be Reached" and to check the Connection and the proxy and the firewall.. 

I have disabled my AV (including Firewall) which made no difference. 

Checking Windows Security and under "Firewall & Network Protection" I did see " "Allow an app through firewall" but this is greyed out, guessing it's controlled throught the AV, which I can't seem to find. 

The AV I use is Norton (don't judge me!) 

Thanks for the response, appreciate your time. 

Options
2023-04-10 22:17:08

@Wembley 

If that "old" Windows 10 PC is currently the only device that can access the router's webpage, then maybe the router was configured to only allow that one device to access it?

To check if that might be the case log into the router from the Windows 10 PC and then go to the menu "Advanced" -> "System Tools" -> "Administration".

In case it turned out to be that way, then either add the Windows 11 PC to the allow-list as well or just flip that toggle-switch to allow access for "all" devices.

Options
2023-04-11 19:16:38

@woozle 

Hi, 

Thanks this has solved my problem.. 

Personally you have been a huge help, responding quickly but also with good advice. 10/10! 

Options