best wired router for a novice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 12:55:39 - last edited 2023-04-14 03:40:23

Hi folks im trying to buy a wired router to replace a BT hub2 wifi router. i have no idea about home networks our home devices are all on ethernet i am fighting a cancer so i cannot have any wifi i was looking at the tp link ER605 i have zero network experiance and am worried it will just not work we have full fibre internet at the moment if thats somthing that makes a difference can anyone help please? tia

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:best wired router for a novice -Solution
2023-04-12 17:03:01 - last edited 2023-04-14 03:40:23

@Zarvik 

Hey

If you have BT Full Fibre then its likely you have a small white box mounted on your wall?   It will have fibre in one side and network out the other?    If so this is called an ONT and YES the ER605 will do the job for you

I have BT Full Fibre and use the ER605 myself

Setup wise.. you need to set it for PPPoE... username is usually   bthomehub@btinternet_DOT_com or something like that.. check your current hub for details..   password is just BT

Should work fine for you

P.S.  username i had to hash out the last bit, hope you understand ok.   It will be on your current router.  If stuck i can grab it for you, just not home at moment so working from memory!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:best wired router for a novice -Solution
2023-04-12 17:03:01 - last edited 2023-04-14 03:40:23

@Zarvik 

Hey

If you have BT Full Fibre then its likely you have a small white box mounted on your wall?   It will have fibre in one side and network out the other?    If so this is called an ONT and YES the ER605 will do the job for you

I have BT Full Fibre and use the ER605 myself

Setup wise.. you need to set it for PPPoE... username is usually   bthomehub@btinternet_DOT_com or something like that.. check your current hub for details..   password is just BT

Should work fine for you

P.S.  username i had to hash out the last bit, hope you understand ok.   It will be on your current router.  If stuck i can grab it for you, just not home at moment so working from memory!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Related Articles