TL-PA4015PKIT - forgot password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 15:47:59

some years ago, i bought some TPlink powerline adaptors (AV 500, AV200+). 
If i remember well, there was a factory-choosen password written somewhere in the package, but of course I lost all the packages.
Any way i can choose a new password?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA4015PKIT - forgot password
2023-04-18 11:59:10

@spinningrom 

Hi, TL-PA4015PKIT have no Wi-Fi function, thus there is no wireless password, could you please double check the model no. of your powerline extender on the product label?

And please also check the product label to see if there is any password printed.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-07 20:34:15

@Sunshine you are correct.
 I meant the wifi AV500.
But... just found this on the forum and will try it out:
" I've worked it out, I found the small reset hole on the wireless adaptor, reset it and the username and password changed back to admin and admin. As a bonus it was still paired with the main unit. "

Options
2023-05-08 05:54:11

@spinningrom 

Ok, thanks for the update.

After the factory reset, the login password will be either admin or let you create one for first time login.

Default wireless password is printed on the device label itself, usually 8 numbers.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 3

Related Articles