T4E adapter won't connect to access point using UNII-2 Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 15:06:34 - last edited 2023-04-19 03:32:27
Model: Archer T4E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2024.0.2.101

Hi,

Archer T4E adapter with latest firmware from TP-Link.

I have multiple access points with same ssid. One is using UNII-2 channel and is the closest to the computer and offer the best quality signal. The T4E adapter card won't connect to it unless I turn off the other access points. I have a laptop computer with an intel integrated adapter that connect right away to this access point. Is there a setting I can change to make the T4E connect to UNII-2 Channels.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:T4E adapter won't connect to access point using UNII-2 Channel-Solution
2023-04-13 18:28:44 - last edited 2023-04-19 03:32:27

@PlasticWood 

Hi,

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but whenever I had problems with Wi-Fi cards not connecting to the AP that I wanted them to connect to I used software like "NetSetMan" or "WifiInfoView". These programs allow you to pick not just the SSID of the wireless network (like Windows does), but instead list all APs and let you pick the one you'd like to connect to. All you need to know is either the channel the AP is broadcasting on or, if there is more than one AP on a given channel, the MAC address of the AP you want to connect to.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:T4E adapter won't connect to access point using UNII-2 Channel-Solution
2023-04-13 18:28:44 - last edited 2023-04-19 03:32:27

@PlasticWood 

Hi,

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but whenever I had problems with Wi-Fi cards not connecting to the AP that I wanted them to connect to I used software like "NetSetMan" or "WifiInfoView". These programs allow you to pick not just the SSID of the wireless network (like Windows does), but instead list all APs and let you pick the one you'd like to connect to. All you need to know is either the channel the AP is broadcasting on or, if there is more than one AP on a given channel, the MAC address of the AP you want to connect to.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:T4E adapter won't connect to access point using UNII-2 Channel
2023-04-13 19:57:58

@woozle 

Hi, Thanks for the info. I tried NetSetMan and it works great. It forces connexion to best AP which is what I want. I wish the adapter could works properly in the first place but now everthing is working as intended.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 2

Related Articles