Virgin Hub 5 Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-14 07:35:15 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:26:13
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Wonder if anybody has had any joy setting this up.  Bought this kit yesterday.

I have tried for hours and connect get the Deco to connect to the internet unless the Hub is in router mode which partially defeats the object of having  this setup.

tried adding the mac address of the Virgin router.

Tried adding Google DNS.

Deco is in nat mode set with Dynamic DNS.

Any help appreciated

cheers

mark

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Virgin Hub 5 Internet Connection-Solution
2023-04-14 20:03:52 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:26:13

@Markdr 

I havent used that specific model of Deco (or VM hub)  but set up a few VM connections on older deco without issue.

Just check that you are in the correct LAN port on the VM hub, when it modem only mode it only works in one LAN port (other 3 are disabled) and will need a reboot before setting up the deco to free the address leases

In Deco side, AUTO mode for internet should pull the DHCP in modem only mode, you shouldnt need to do much outside of that.

Are you getting a DHCP from the modem when configuring in Modem Mode?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Virgin Hub 5 Internet Connection-Solution
2023-04-14 20:03:52 - last edited 2023-04-17 07:26:13

@Markdr 

I havent used that specific model of Deco (or VM hub)  but set up a few VM connections on older deco without issue.

Just check that you are in the correct LAN port on the VM hub, when it modem only mode it only works in one LAN port (other 3 are disabled) and will need a reboot before setting up the deco to free the address leases

In Deco side, AUTO mode for internet should pull the DHCP in modem only mode, you shouldnt need to do much outside of that.

Are you getting a DHCP from the modem when configuring in Modem Mode?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Virgin Hub 5 Internet Connection
2023-04-14 20:48:58

@Markdr  Hi

I can confirm that following this link carefully https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Deco-Xe75-pro-hub-3-can-t-connect/td-p/5249564 the home hub 5 and the ex75 are allw orking

Options
Re:Virgin Hub 5 Internet Connection
2023-04-15 09:16:57

@Philbert Thanks for replying.  The trick seems to be the order of rebooting and waiting. All is good and set up now.  The Deco is connected in port 4  of the VM Hub (though I am not sure that it mattered which of the 4 ports on Hub 5 as it does on Hub 3)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 3

Related Articles