TL-WPA8631P - Loosing powerline connection to TL-PA8010P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-15 20:24:59
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TL-WPA8631P KIT(UK)_V3_220330

Via the software / app, the WPA8631P device periodically shows no "powerline" connection and the PA8010P does not show. However, on the physical device (WPA8631P), all the lights are still on - nothing goes off or flashes. I reset the WPA8631P then moved it to a plug next to the PA8010P unit to do the pair again and all worked ok for a while.

The issue is intermittent throughout the day with varying issues - it sometimes has no effect, at times no LAN and sometimes no internet (LAN/Wi-Fi) at all. It also drastically affects the connection - I get a ping between 25ms to +1000ms and despite the uplink being +90Mbps and downlink being around 26Mbps, a speed test shows my download of under 5Mbps and upload around 20Mbps.

I've updated both units to the latest FW available for the v3 models with no difference.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8631P - Loosing powerline connection to TL-PA8010P
2023-04-19 06:11:36

@2E0UCW 

1. You mentioned the downlink around 26Mbps and uplink 90+Mbps, do you mean the powerline rates between the two powerline units displayed on tpPLC App or tpPLC Utility?

Please note that TL-WPA9631P KIT are AV1300 powerline devices, the powerline rate 26Mbps down and 90+Mbps up is too slow, which is usually caused by powerline interference, please refer to What can I do if my powerline rate is very low? to see if it will be better.

2. May I know the download and upload speed when you connect the same computer to your router directly?

3. When you loses internet access from the powerline extender, you mentioned that all LEDs are still on, please check IP address and default gateway on your client device at that moment: How to find IP address on your devices

Please also let us know the LAN IP address of your router. If the client device still has valid IP address, please try to ping your router LAN IP address: How to Use the Ping Command

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 1

Related Articles