How many extenders can i have in a OneMesh network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-17 20:20:36 - last edited 2023-04-17 20:50:46
Model: RE650   RE330  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

how many extenders can be connected in a OneMesh network? Would it be possible to have 9 extenders + 1 router?

Thank you 

Edit:

In case it may be of any help, this is the router that I have:
TP-Link Archer AX10 AX1500Mbps

Options
3 Reply
Re:How many extenders can i have in a OneMesh network?
2023-04-18 11:23:11 - last edited 2023-04-18 11:27:57

@Theab 

Generally, we suggest connecting all the extenders/repeaters to the router for better performance.

Customers can also connect one repeater to another repeater which already gets connected to the router, however we don’t recommend you to add more than two repeaters to one single link chain in consideration of the Wi-Fi quality.

In addition, I saw your another post where you mentioned that your house is with thick walls, thus wireless can hardly go through one of them, in that case, you could also consider powerline adapter/extenders, you could refer to How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal for more solutions to boost Wi-Fi signal.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-18 11:46:18 - last edited 2023-04-18 13:04:06

Thank you for your answer, at the moment I have two repeaters chained to another and the performance is good enough for my needs. I have in total 4 repeaters and 1 router and the connections are like this:

Router-->extenter_1-->extender_2

Router-->extender_3-->extender_4

this configuration is more than ok, but i need to add 4 more extenders replicating the two above, so i will have:

Router-->extenter_5-->extender_6

Router-->extender_7-->extender_8

I've already tested this configuration by using the extenders 1 through 4 and the signal is ok, but i'd like to know if 8 extenders in total (possibly even 9) are supported or it may cause some clogging/interference. I've tested powerlines and unfortunately they don't give me good results. I guess that my electrical system is the problem.

Thanks

Options
2023-04-20 03:53:09

@Theab 

Hi, after consulting our senior engineer, it is not recommended to connect 8 or 9 extenders to the Archer AX10 router.

If your router is located at the center of your house, you could connect three extenders to the router with interval angle 120 degrees, then connect another extender to each extender, which would be in total 6 extenders. If you connect 4 or 5 extenders to the router, they will be close to each other, thus causes too much interference.

Moreover, if your extenders share the same SSID as the router, since TP-Link extenders cannot select signal souce when there are multiple wireless networks with same SSID&Password, we are unable to make sure whether the extender would connect as you want.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 3

Related Articles