Powerline Adapter with 2 Receiver - Different SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 12:50:11 - last edited 2023-04-21 07:08:10
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Dear Community,

I bought a TP-LINK TL-WPA4220-TKIT AV600 Powerline Wi-Fi 3-pack Kit a few weeks ago. Finally I connected it and made it working with one receiver only first.

I was able to solve every power-management issue and timeout issues, now after I was done with the first one and a new part of my house was finished I wanted to add my second receiver to the network.

I pushed pair button on the adapter itself what is connected to the router and I placed the new powerline receiver to the new part of the house and also pressed pair button there.
It was sucessfully paired so I thought im okey, I found the IP Address of the new device and checked the settings. I wanted to change the SSID to something else, so only the new devices in the new house part can use this powerline SSID. 

Here comes the problem. If I change the SSID on the new receiver it also changes SSID and every information on the old receiver what is in the other part of the house, so all my devices are disconnected.

Is it only possible to create one WiFi network? so If I buy 10 receiver and place it to totally different places the SSID can be only the same on everyone? I dont really understand why it has different ways to change the settings on the end devices ( receivers ), if you cannot use them, because it will copy the other ones.

Please help me find out the way how to use it as I want, or I have to accept this non-logical way of setup.

I also attached a picture to understand what I want to achieve.

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline Adapter with 2 Receiver - Different SSID-Solution
2023-04-21 03:50:02 - last edited 2023-04-21 07:08:10

@CoLeEe 

Hi, it is due to a function called Wi-Fi Move, if you don't want the wireless powerline receivers having the same wireless settings, please login the web interface of the wireless powerline receivers, then go to Advanced->Wireless->Wi-Fi Move to turn it off, after that, customizing wireless settings on one device will not synchronize to another device.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter with 2 Receiver - Different SSID
2023-04-20 14:09:41

@CoLeEe 

Options
Re:Powerline Adapter with 2 Receiver - Different SSID-Solution
2023-04-21 03:50:02 - last edited 2023-04-21 07:08:10

@CoLeEe 

Hi, it is due to a function called Wi-Fi Move, if you don't want the wireless powerline receivers having the same wireless settings, please login the web interface of the wireless powerline receivers, then go to Advanced->Wireless->Wi-Fi Move to turn it off, after that, customizing wireless settings on one device will not synchronize to another device.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Powerline Adapter with 2 Receiver - Different SSID
2023-04-21 07:08:05

@Sunshine That is a perfect solution. Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 3

Related Articles