Multiple extenders, but connecting to each other resulting in no Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple extenders, but connecting to each other resulting in no Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Multiple extenders, but connecting to each other resulting in no Internet
2023-05-11 10:15:55 - last edited 2023-05-11 10:19:49

@Sunshine LEDs are all GREEN, so you can't see the actual issue/status on the LEDs...

It somehow doesn't renegotiate the MESH network on a change and the extenders do not understand they are a slave of the router. The router is the only device in the MESH that should control the MESH setup and know which devices are part of the MESH.

Options
2023-05-12 07:40:30

@RvdH 

Hi, for the mesh network, it is possible and normal that extender connects to another extender, as long as the another extender is connected to the internet properly, the second extender will also work. However, if two extenders connect to each other, there will be no internet access. 

Therefore, what we would like to confirm is that whether the RE650 and RE450 are really connected to each other after the router or extender reboots., if that is true, please share with us screenshots of the host network MAC address of the RE450 and RE650 when problem happens.

After that, we will escalate your case to senior engineer via email for further debugging.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-12 08:00:59

@Sunshine 

Yes, when I check the host mac address, the RE450 is connect to the RE650 and the RE650 is connect to the router, which is the correct situation.

Let me pass the details after the upcoming schedule reboot on Sunday.

Options
2023-05-14 08:04:48 - last edited 2023-05-14 08:25:38

@Sunshine Morning,

Today again MESH network was broken. although I saw all extenders, performance was almost 0 on every location of the house, even if I try to access the extenders from my PC connected through LAN.

Also my tp-link devices weren't accessible from the internet/cloud, they only showed up as local devices.

From my mobile I only see my Router, RE450 and RE650 and if I try to connect to my RE550 with my browser I get the following error (1st time):

Unsupported browser!

Please update or use a different browser.

Router details:

On my RE650 I see the following status and HOSTS, but no Internet access when connected to WIFI on this extender, but able to access from my PC on the LAN:

On my RE450 I see (I can't connect through we from PC through LAN), only mobile with fixed IP with message no Internet: it is connected to DB-ED and DB-EC

On my RE550, when connected directly to the extender through WIFI on my mobile (connected to E8-CD):

On my Router I see the following MESH devices:

• RE650 and RE450 - No internet, but RE650 is accessible through LAN, RE450 not.
  • RE550 not seeing any of the other extenders when opening APP and network extreme slow
  • TP-Link device not accessible from Internet/Cloud, only from local network/WIFI
  • All LEDs are GREEN

This is the game I have to play Sunday morning and eventually I have to turn off all extenders, reboot my router and turn the extenders ON 1 by one to get me MASH network restored.

My house is 3 flood and each floor is about 45m2 with 30cm thick concrete floors, so the extenders at physically only apart a few meters from each other.

Hope you can help, as this is becoming a headache as you can understand...

Options
2023-05-15 06:36:56 - last edited 2023-05-15 06:38:29

@RvdH 

Hi, based on the issue description this time, the extenders are not connected to each other.

Since extended network is not working properly, if you connect to your router WiFi directly or connect to router via LAN, is the router internet still working fine?

By the way, could you please try to disable the reboot schedule on the two extenders, and only leave the main router reboots once a week, then check if the extenders will work fine after the router reboots.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-15 09:14:40

@Sunshine When connecting through LAN or WIFI to the router, internet connectivity works, the issues are specific with the extenders.

Let me disabled the reboot schedule and provide results.

Options
2023-05-21 17:16:53

@Sunshine 

Hi, after only rebooting the router, no issues.

Options
2023-05-22 08:24:02

@RvdH 

Hi, glad to hear that, would it be okay for you to only reboot the router every week?

If there is any further issue, please let us know.

RvdH wrote

@Sunshine 

Hi, after only rebooting the router, no issues.

Options
2023-05-22 08:30:46

@Sunshine 

Hi, yes it would be an issue, as the MESH becomes unstable after some time and a weekly reboot seems to fix this, but it comes with all kind of "side effects" that you don't want.

If you reboot 1 of the devices in the MESH network, it should stabilize and not become useless and need to manually power cycle each unit in the right order.

Options
Related Articles