Connection refused when trying to connect to web interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 20:57:09
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

hi, for some reason my router gives 'connection refused' when i try to login in 192.168.0.1

this happened after i changed my network provider and before it was in 'wifi repeater' mode first after changing internet provider i tried connection to 192.168.0.1 but now i see 'connection refused' then i said: ok... maybe i reset it with physical button maybe then it switches to 'wireless router' mode. Iv'e done it and again i see 'connection refused' hm... maybe it doesnt allow wifi, ok ok.. tried to connect with lan still 'connection refused' whaaatt... then i tried reseting it countless times, and then... oh maybe this 'tether' app helps me i logged in with 'tether' now i think, oh yeeaa i loged in! but here is one small problem this app doesnt allow to make 'easy setup', so i tried mannualy but its not working, and now i dont know what to do

i tried changing my main PC to dhcp then to static but router still doesnt allow me to connect to web interface, i tried every combination of gateway dns dhcp static ip, but it doesnt help.

funny thing that how it connects to it with 'tether' but doesnt allow standart web interface. im always has problem with it like wifi just dissapearing for no reason wifi not working if no lan devices connected to it and many other, and why router it doesnt allow internet access without 'easy setup' and also why this software so buggy?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection refused when trying to connect to web interface
2023-05-08 21:54:03 - last edited 2023-05-08 21:55:13

@Dandraghas 

Hi,

A few things you could try:

- Either use another web browser or clear the browsing data cache of your existing web browser and then try to open the router's webpage again.

- Open the Tether app and check if you have the option "Tools" -> "Advanced Settings" (at the very bottom of the menu). In case there is, then enter the Advanced Settings screen and check if the http:// link shown there is the same address you tried before to view the web GUI of the router. Or just tap on that link and see if this also results in a connection refused error.

- Open the Tether app and check if you have the option "Tools" -> "System" -> button [Factory Defaults]. If it's there, then tap the Factory Defaults button to perform another hard-reset. This is merely to double-confirm that in your previous attempts of hard-resetting the router a proper hard-reset was indeed initiated.

Options
Re:Connection refused when trying to connect to web interface
2023-05-09 08:02:09

@woozle its fixed now by switching user agent, it allow user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.5666.197 Safari/537.36' but doesnt allow 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/112.0', how is that working? why this router firmware doesnt allow linux/android devices? strange...

Options