Archer c6 ac1200 mu-mimo nothing goes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-13 13:20:14
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

as stated- been using that wlan router for EXACTLY 2 years and now WLAN doesn't work anymore and I can't access it.

How I used it:

As a wlan access point(2.4 and 5Ghz) and router in which I plugged in two PCs via rj45 gigabit cables.

I got this router to still being able to use older smart switches which don't work in 2,5Ghz networks. However, from right the beginning I had big issues as all devices connected via wireless 2,5GHz network got disconnected after some time.

TP Support then supplied me a beta firma which worked fine since january 2022.

About two days ago I noticed that the wireless LEDs don't light up- but both computers connected via cable still work fine.

Only the power LED lights up- I can't access the router via cable and can't even reset it. Is there any other way to reset this device?

Any ideas? It's just put of the warranty :/

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer c6 ac1200 mu-mimo nothing goes
2023-05-17 07:13:29

@Db80 

Hi, if you decided to take the risk of losing the internet completely from the router after resetting it to factory defaults, you can proceed with the TFTP firmware recovery as suggested by TP-Link.

If this doesn't help either, maybe it's time to replace it with a new router.surprise

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer c6 ac1200 mu-mimo nothing goes
2023-05-17 09:50:08

@Liverpool20 thanks much, I'll come back after trying your tip :)

Options