Wifi interferance with dualsense ps5 controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-14 06:33:18
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest version

Hi

May deco is having weird behavior every time i turn on my ps5 controller. Connected device having poor download speeds. I can tell because it happens only when the ps5 controller is turned on because every time its turned off everything back to normal. Happens only when my ps5 is connected via lan. It does not happen when its connected on WiFi. What gives?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi interferance with dualsense ps5 controller
2023-05-14 19:29:21

@Papaey 

This has been reported a number of times over the years, not specifically for TP Link Deco but WiFi in general.

In short the controller uses bluetooth to connect to the console, bluetooth uses the same frequency range as WiFi (2.4ghz) and that can cause issues, its rare but it does.   Without going into too much detail here, the WiFi signal has a mechanism to deal with this issue and it wont massively affect it to the point it wont work, but yes its there.

Add to the issue the fact that 2.4ghz is massively congested already, then its only going to get worse.

You could try running the network optimiser and see if a channel change helps, that might sort it!   Otherwise to be honest, thats why 5ghz is the standard now, moving devices to 5ghz will avoid this issue.

Options
Re:Wifi interferance with dualsense ps5 controller
2023-05-16 06:52:59
Thanks for the input. I also tred disabling the 2.4 band from my main deco but problem still persist. I will try placing my deco further and see if it helps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 2

Related Articles