Speed drop until reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed drop until reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed drop until reboot
Speed drop until reboot
2023-05-14 16:24:34
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00 401013 171025 901

I have a pair of powerlines on the same circuit. When I turn on i test on my tv down speed of 80mbs up 20mbs but roughly after 5 minutes of tv off, and test again, the download falls to 4mbs, but the upload is still ok at 20. I power cycle one of the adapters and it will bring back up to full download again.  I have used the tpPLC to turn of powersaving on both adapters, and it appears that the firmwares are up to date. I can't think of anything else, but that one of them or both are dropping in to some lower power state.  Any suggestions to what I havent already tried?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Speed drop until reboot
2023-05-15 10:18:23

@Jellyanchor 

Hi, please check the powerline rate between the two powerline adapters via the tpPLC utility, monitor if the powerline rate drops after about 5 minutes since the power cycling.

In addition, may I know the speed you get from your router directly? and is the router speed stable?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-16 12:32:23

@Sunshine Thanks for reply.  Router download taps out at 80Mbps download and its consistent. I'm happy with the feed in to the adapter is good.  Link speed between the pair is 200-300Mbps and even showing this link speed, until I reset either one, after time as said, it taps out at about 4Mbps.  Both adapters are on same circuit one room apart, plugged directly in to wall and the receiving adapter has 1 device connected and thats the TV.  And to test its not the tv being wierd, without reset in its limp condition I unplugged the cable from tv directly to laptop and speed test from different websites give same 4Mbps result.

Options
2023-05-17 07:50:43

@Jellyanchor 

Hi, please download and upgrade the latest firmware to see if it solves the problem:

Download for TL-PA4010 KIT

In addition, please make sure you are testing the router speed and powerline adapter speed via the same client device.

By the way, may I know when you purchased this TL-PA4010 KIT? and was the speed stable before?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 3

Related Articles