Wifi 6E 6Ghz connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi 6E 6Ghz connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi 6E 6Ghz connection
Wifi 6E 6Ghz connection
2023-05-15 06:37:17
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20221208 rel.72102(5553)

Iam S.Kasinath

Iam using TP-Link Archer AXE75 Tri-Band Wifi router.

I recently connected ,NetGear(NightHawk) AXE3000 WiFi 6E Tri-Band USB Adapter to my windows11Pro desktop.

All the bands 2.4Ghz,5Ghz,6Hz displayed in th e desktop for connection.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connected with WPA2/WPA3 personal security .

But 6Ghz connected only with "Enhanced open" security.It is not connecting with WPA3 personal secuity.

Kindly let me know whether it is ok with connecting 6Ghz wifi with Ehanced open security.

Please advice

Kasinath

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi 6E 6Ghz connection
2023-05-15 21:32:33

@kasinath 

Hi,

Since "Enhanced Open" security doesn't provide password authentication anyone who is within the broadcast range of your AXE75 router with a Wi-Fi 6E capable client device would be able to connect to your network.

This might be okay in a restaurant or store to allow their customers to get convenient access to the Internet, but for a home network this is usually not desirable. It would be possible to limit access to your network by utilizing the "Whilelist" feature of the router, but maintaining such a Whilelist would be an ongoing effort.

For a test, can you please connect your Netgear AXE3000 to the 5 GHz (or 2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi of the Archer AXE75 and then check in Windows 11 if it is connecting with WPA2 or WPA3 security? (right-click the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar, select "Network and Internet Settings" and then click "Properties" near the top of that screen)

Options
2023-05-16 11:33:40

@kasinath 

Thank you Mr.Woozle

I checked the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz ,both are connected with WPA3 Personal security.

Only 6Ghz wifi connects with Enhanched open security.

So what is your advice.

It is safe to connect with 2.4 or 5Ghz wifi, since it is with WPA3 personal security.

Kindly let me know your opion & advice

Kasinath

Options
2023-05-16 20:06:33 - last edited 2023-05-16 20:08:05

@kasinath 

Enhanced Open security should not be used for a private home network.

Make sure you set the 6 GHz Wi-Fi security setting of your Archer AXE75 back to "WPA3-Personal", even though you are unable to use it at this point.

2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi with WPA3-Personal security are safe.

By the way, if you have set the 6 GHz Wi-Fi of the Archer AXE75 to "WPA3-Personal" and try to connect to it with the NightHawk AXE3000 adapter of your computer, what kind of error message does Windows 11 show you? 

Options
2023-05-17 06:24:24

@woozle 

Mr.Woozle thank you for your reply.

As suggested by you ,I have changed the secutity  for 6Ghz wifi to "WPA3 personal", in the router's web page and saved.

6Ghz wifi has shown in the available wif connections in the desktop.

When I selected 6Ghz wifi connection , it asked for security key and displayed a message that some datas are changed from last time connection and require additional information.

when I entered the security key ,it displayed verfying the network , and then it displayed unable to connect to the network.

As per 2.4 & 5ghz no problem.

Kindly advice further

S.kasinath

Options
2023-05-19 21:49:31

@kasinath 

I don't know what else could be done. 

If this was some kind of incompatibility between the NightHawk AXE3000 and this Archer router, then you might have to wait for an updated driver for the AXE3000 or an updated router firmware.

Have you also inquired about this problem in the Netgear support forum?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 863

Replies: 5

Related Articles