Votes

QoS Vs. Bandwidth Limit and Selection of AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 18:16:35 - last edited 2023-05-23 03:25:44

I have a couple of issues that I'm struggling with resolving regarding my new PX50 setup.

QoS vs Bandwith limit / throttle:

Firstly, the way that the current QoS process works is not fit for purpose. I use a baby monitor (Nanit) that periodically (2-3min) uploads large raw video files to a server for processing (breathing analysis, awakeness, movement, sound etc). I have a 1Gbps down and 45Mbps up connection which is more than capable to quickly transferring the file. However, when I'm gaming, the large file upload causes a siginificant ping spike of c.200ms for 1 second. This ping spike persists even when I use the Deco QoS priority for my gaming PC. This in turn leads to a very erratic gaming experience. 

The only way I've found that my deco setup is able to deal with the file is by setting my QoS upload speed paramater artificially low (10Mbps down) - it's almost as if the Deco QoS allows non-priority devices to takeup all opf the bandwidth for a second before the QoS process throttles it unless I set it artificially low. The issue here is that by setting my QoS up speed artificially low it throttles my internet conection for every device, despite there being plenty of available bandwidth.

Therefore could I please request that a 'throttle' feature can be added and applied to specific devices / IP addresses or a review of how responsive / proactive it's being in regards to protecting and prioritising the bandiwth.

Select which Deco to connect:

My Second issue is that my gaming PC sits roughly half way between my two deco devices - with one of the decos connected directly to my cable modem, and therefore capable of a much faster internet connection (my G.hn backend between the two deco units only reaching speeds of c.150Mbps). My issue however is that my PC sometimes connects to the solwer of the two decos which means my speeds are limited. Would it be possible to add a feature whereby I can force my PC / a device to connect to a specific deco?

Thanks,

Biff

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 153

Replies: 0

Voters 2