How to open separate local and remote ports?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 22:29:51
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I probably have a stupid question but I need help. Please..

I need to open these ports:

Remote UDP/TCP 5060, 5061
Remote UDP/TCP 53, 67, 68
Remote TCP 80, 443
Remote UDP 123
Remote TCP 5822
Local UDP/TCP 11780 to 11880
Remote UDP 10000 to 20000

Question 1:

I do not have such things as "Remote" or "Local"  ports on my Deco settings so I assume these are "External" and "Internal" ones. Correct?

If I'm correct, then question 2.

Question 2:

I can add Remote (External) ports as a single or in range without Local (Internal) ones. But I CAN'T add a range of Local (Internal) ports without the same amount of Remote (External) ones. But as I mentioned I need to add Local UDP/TCP 11780 to 11880. 

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to open separate local and remote ports?
2023-05-22 23:10:59

@Yevgen 

The only ones you need to worry about really are the external ports, these allow traffic through the firewall on those specific ports.

Internally, as you are not crossing the firewall they dont need forwarded (in theory anyways). 

That aside, not sure what you are trying to do but that is a LOT of ports to be opening and this comes at a security risk.   Remember each time you open a port on the firewall it basically allows traffic straight through to the device on the other side, that UDP from 10k to 20k is a massive security risk imho.. 

I also wouldnt be opening port 80 or 443 to a specific device.

I hope im not speaking out of turn here, but port opening / forwarding should not be taken lightly, honestly if you are not sure what you are doing here then its best avoided where possible.   You are literally putting holes in your firewall!

Options
Re:How to open separate local and remote ports?
2023-05-23 05:38:28

@Philbert Thank you for your response! We have OOma IP telephones and there are interruptions while speaking. I talked to Ooma support and that's what they told me to do to fix the issue. I was thinking to set a separate IoT Network just for the phones because the Deco interface has this feature. But I'm not sure if it's possible to open ports in Deco just inside this IoT network. Any suggest? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 2

Related Articles