QoS & Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

QoS & Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
QoS & Powerline
QoS & Powerline
2023-05-23 04:42:10
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I want to setup my QoS correctly but I am unsure how to do it. Appreciate some guidance.

I am connected to a 5G modem that gives me a bandwidth of about 400 MPS - afterwards I have a PX50 mesh network in the house. The powerline reduces the speed to about 100 MPS in the remote rooms.

Now, my question: how do I set the correct bandwidth to configure QoS correctly when having to put in the maximum speeds for download and upload. I want the devices in the remote rooms to be prioritized. Does it mean that the maximum to be entered in the Deco app is 100 MPS? Or should I put the full available 400 MPS (which I only have "at source").

Thank you for your thoughts.

Options
1 Reply
Re:QoS & Powerline
2023-05-24 07:23:04

@fischema 

You should still set 400m/s or the internet speed from the first PX50. If you put 100m/s, then the whole PX50 mesh will be limited to 100m/s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 1

Related Articles