Extending a PX50 Powerline

2024-05-02 06:06:31
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I would like to extend my 3-modules PX50 Powerline setup to cover an additional area. The new module would ideally be placed outdoor as a replacement of the existing primary PX50 module. I assume the Deco X50-Outdoor is not a solution, as it's only wifi. Can you suggest a suitable alternative with powerline capabilities? Alternatively, can you suggest an additional model to extend the powerline network in a standard (non router-connected) fashion? Thank you in advance! I'm using starlink as a primary connection provider.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending a PX50 Powerline
2024-05-09 02:25:06

@psantori 

Hi, 

Currently, there isn't another model which support establish Powerline Mesh with Deco PX50.

Deco P7/P9 also supports powerline Mesh but they use another powerline standard-HomePlug AV2 while Deco PX50 is G.hn. If you need an extra Deco, you might need to purchase another Deco PX50.

As for the second request, "can you suggest an additional model to extend the powerline network in a standard (non router-connected) fashion", what do you mean "non router-connected" precisely, like the powerline adapters here?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/powerline/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-09 13:02:41

@psantori 

If you are looking for an outdoor Powerline device, I believe that device will not "extend" the Powerline network of the Deco mesh. 

You will need two non Deco Powerline devices, and those devices will build a seperate Powerline "network".

Options
2024-05-09 16:47:23

Thank you, I'll go for an additional PX-50 (no outdoor, obviously).

Options