Deco PX50 Powerline - Audio Interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 17:24:43
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020

This is an information advisory to alert anyone experiencing a similar issue. It is not a defect with the Deco PX50 itself.

I installed a Deco PX50 Node next to an Intel NUC8 Windows 11 pc sharing the same power socket. I experienced random crackling audio noise from the Intel NUC8 speakers. My initial thought was the problem was a faulty audio cable or audio driver problem with the NUC8. After further investigation (checking audio drivers and cables) I discovered that the interference was caused by the Deco PX50 node. I assume the interference maybe something to do with the Deco Powerline backhaul signal interacting with the Intel NUC8 power supply unit.

When I moved the Deco PX50 node to a different power socket away from the Intel NUC8 the interference ceased.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 Powerline - Audio Interference
2023-08-30 12:03:16

@Martinix 

Hi, Thank you very much for sharing with us. I will check whether there will be any similar feedback later. 

Hope with the firmware upgrade on Deco PX50, such interference will be gradually reduced.

Options
Re:Deco PX50 Powerline - Audio Interference
2023-08-30 14:42:37

@David-TP Thanks for your response. I guess some level of cross-talk interference is inevitable. I presume it has much to do with the quality of the switching mode powersupply used by the Intel NUC8. Moving the Deco unit to a socket away fixed the problem and I've not experienced similar problems with Deco nodes positioned close to other PC devices.

Options