outdoor antenna improvement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-24 09:36:30
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:
I am a user of the tplink TL MR-6400 v3 decoder, which is no longer under warranty. I recently experienced network issues when I'm in a weak signal location. I noticed that by placing the decoder outside, the signal improves considerably.

I would like to know if it is possible to add an external antenna to my MR-6400 v3 decoder in order to improve the signal quality. If so, could you recommend a suitable antenna and provide me with instructions on how to install it correctly?
I saw on the internet that you could connect an external antenna to the decoder on the youtube site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWqWh86B200&t=8s

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re: outdoor antenna improvement
2023-05-25 01:43:10

@electron13 

Hi, the two external antennas on the MR6400 V3 are Wireless Antennas instead of LTE Antennas, and the two antennas are unteachable, thus unable to be replaced.

It is recommended to try different locations inside your house to find the location with better LTE signal.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles