New House Install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New House Install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New House Install
New House Install
2023-05-25 07:32:32

i now live in a large house that was once a bungalow, the first floor was constructed on a steel RSJ frame above the existing bungalow the first floor is of timber construction with plaster board walls, the plaster board is lined on the revers with ally foil

i am findindg it imposible to get any good wifi around the house 

i have been looking at the TP Link AV 2000 but have some questions how many extenders can you attach to the curcuit and what sereal number are the extenders for that main system

if the up stairs and down stairs are on seperate ring curcuits but both go back to the same board will it still work ?

any help will be much apreciated 

Thanks

Phil

Options
3 Reply
Re:New House Install
2023-05-26 07:10:36

@PhilShelley 

Hi, for AV2000, I guess you mean TL-PA9020P KIT or TL-WPA9610 KIT, and 16 nodes can be added into the same powerline network, you could also refer to the FAQ below:

How many Powerline adapters can be added to the same network?

By serial number, do you mean model number? Because the serial number is different for each powerline device.

In addition, in theory, it should be okay to use under the same board, but it is recommended to use them within the same ring circuit, because there might be some filters between different ring circuits which will block the powerline communication. After you purchase some of them, you could test if they will work in different circuits in your house.

Options
2023-05-27 06:32:25
Hi Sunshine Thank you very much for your reply, I would not pretend to understand how this system works that's why I am looking for advice a friend who installed these in his flat told me that the AV2000 was the kit that he purchased and it work exceptionally well My BT router is in the wives office which is only 8ft away from the the house main power distribution board all circuits go back to this obviously earth, live and neutral all go to a independent common buss bar so upstairs ring and downstairs circuits are linked via this bar I would want to put 6 or 7 remotes into the system initially 3 up 3 down stairs what do you think ? if you think this will work what model extenders will I need to go with the AV2000 kit ? I can confirm that there are no filters on any power lines only an RCD for safety which is prior to the buss bar Thanks Again for your help Phil
Options
2023-05-31 02:41:07

@PhilShelley 

Hi, may I know the bandwidth you paid and the internet speed you could get from your router? And do you need WiFi functions on the powerline units?

You could select the models based on your needs on our official website: Powerline Adapter - Powerline Ethernet Networking

Note: For the WiFi Powerline KIT, it contains a wired powerline adapter and a wireless powerline extender, instead of two wireless powerline extenders. For example such as TL-WPA8631P KIT contains a TL-PA8010P and TL-WPA8631P.

While for wired powerline KIT, both units are wired powerline adapter. For example, TL-PA9020P KIT contains two TL-PA9020P.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 3

Related Articles