Slow Speed when connecting to ExpressVPN Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-26 13:10:04
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230306 rel.10273(5553)

I've recently purchased this router since it has the VPN client function but as i setup the OpenVPN connection with the manual configuration. The speed dropped tremendously if the Router is connected via the OpenVPN client. If i connected to it using the app on my phone/desktop it works fine with slight drop. But if connecting through the router it dropped from 100mbps to 10mbps. That's a huge drop which is totally unacceptable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Speed when connecting to ExpressVPN Client
2023-05-26 18:13:45

I have the AX55 router with the latest 1.1.8 firmware and a 1 Gbps internet connection. If I connect my PC to an ExpressVPN server (in New York from Europe) with their PC client software, I can reach speeds above 500 Mbps. Going through the router configuration, I can only attain speeds of 10-20 Mbps. The drop is tremendous and not acceptable for my use.

Options