Deco with wire machine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco with wire machine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco with wire machine
Deco with wire machine
2023-05-31 02:26:30

Recently, I am using Archer AX50 with both wire (3 devices that support RJ45 only) and wireless devices (pad, phone, etc). It runs well in a small house. 

I am migrating to a new house in which some wire devices are far away from AX50 and am thinking for give up AX50 to embrace Deco. 

Questions:

1. A deco supports 3 wire ports, does it mean 1 input and 2 output of mother deco and 3 output of child deco if I am purchasing 2 pack deco?

2. Can I easily transfer those setup from AX50 to deco? there are many settings (port routing, DHCP, SSID, blah blah blah)?

3. Apart from deco apps, is there any way to setup deco? I am old and not good for using small machine for clumsy setup. 

Thanks in advance.

Barry 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco with wire machine
2023-05-31 03:11:10

@barico 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Except for the main Deco, one of the Ethernet ports is reserved for the ISP modem, the rest of the Ethernet ports could be used to connect wired devices.

So a typical setup for 2 pack Deco:(take Deco X50 for example)

And there are more details:

1. Deco has to be configured via Deco APP.

2. The advanced features on Deco could be seen here and it is also a brief introduction to the features on the Deco APP.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-31 03:27:48 - last edited 2023-05-31 03:53:34

@David-TP 

Thanks.Thought I have made up my mind to migrate to Deco, and further questions: (Thanks again in advance)

1. Is it possible to connect two different Deco together? say main XE200 and child XE75 / X90.

2. Do I need to use XE200 at this moment? as most of my wireless devices are 5GHz and wire devices with Gigabytes. Thought X90 is good enough and money friendly. I am struggling on XE200 / XE75 pro / XE75 / X90 and thought X90 is most fit to my case.

Barico

Options
2023-06-01 03:29:59

@barico Hi, Deco XE200 works well with Deco XE75/X90 as well as other Deco models.

Can different Deco models work together?

If all your current devices only support 2.4ghz and 5ghz, you don't need to hurry off to update to Wi-Fi 6E now. Since different decos work well together, you could wait until you have any 6E clients or the internet bandwidth is over 1G/s.

And here are some general QA about Deco Wi-Fi 6E models:

Common Questions Regarding Wi-Fi 6E Deco

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 3

Related Articles