Subdomain creation for router

2023-05-31 13:46:40
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20230220 Rel. 71494(5553)

Hello all! I configured my DDNS using DDNS TP-Link Service, and I was able to configure external access to a URL example_ddns.tplinkdns.com, it's working properly.

I would like to know if now I could use somehow DDNS TP-link service to create subdomains (example: example1_subddns.example_ddns.tplinkdns.com, example2_subddns.example_ddns.tplinkdns.com...) or in this case, I would need to configure an No-IP or DynDNS in my router so I could create subdomains.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Subdomain creation for router
2023-06-01 07:41:15

@caio-baeta 

Hello, you could register multiple domain names by using TP-Link DDNS, but only one of them is active at a time for one TP-Link product. 

May I know why you need to create subdomain for one router?

Options
2023-11-19 21:38:00

@Sunshine I think @caio-baeta means to have a subdomain that links to a different server or service.

For example, my DNS address points to my media server. I wanted to add a second computer to act as a minecraft computer, but it uses websockets and cannot be added to nginx like "mydomain.tplinkdns.com/minecraft" but needs it's own subdomain like "minecraft.mydomain.tplinkdns.com"

is that possible?

Options
2023-11-20 00:02:14

@Grahamrkf 

Hi,

I don't see what the benefit would be from having "mydomain.tplinkdns.com" and "minecraft.mydomain.tplinkdns.com" pointing to the same public IP address? I mean, what is the reason "mydomain.tplinkdns.com" can't be used?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles