Can't Get VPN Client to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-01 10:33:15 - last edited 2023-06-06 06:56:56
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220524 rel.51659(4555)

Hi,

I can't seem to get the VPN Client to work on my AX73. It just says 'connecting' when trying to activate.

Mullvad supply 3 config files :

1. mullvad_ca @ 3k

2. mullvad_gb_all.ovpn @ 1k

3. mullvad_userpass.txt @ 1k

I can use Mullvad via their Windows 10/11 app from my PCs (this selects Wireguard but OpenVPN is also supported)

I made sure my router's firmware was upto date,

I copied the CA (contents of mullvad_ca) into the bottom of mullvad_gb_all.ovpn? (all UK servers)

I input the contents of mullvad_userpass.txt into the relevant fields of the router's VPN Client wizard

I uploaded mullvad_gb_all.ovpn in the router's VPN Client wizard as the OpenVPN Config file successfully

I enabled my devices to use the VPN in the router's VPN Client wizard successfully

Bit stuck TBH.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't Get VPN Client to work-Solution
2023-06-05 12:00:27 - last edited 2023-06-06 06:56:56

@Sunshine - Got this to work by using the Android 'unified' .ovpn file rather than trying to amalgamate the 3 files supplied by Mullvad for Windows myself.

Only gripes would be it halves my download speed (not upload though) and it gives a webRTC leak through Chrome of my internal IP. Brave blocks this though.

Still a good function to have on the router.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Get VPN Client to work
2023-06-02 03:40:36

@myke52 

Hello, which VPN Client software you are using on the PC itself to connect the same VPN Server? And did you also copy the CA (contents of mullvad_ca) into the bottom of mullvad_gb_all.ovpn when using on the PC itself?

Did you try to import the mullvad_gb_all.ovpn file only without copying the contents of mullvad_ca?

Please confirm if it also works fine on the PC if you select OpenVPN instead of Wireguard.

If so, please email "support.forum@tp-link.com" with subject "Forum ID 610758 Archer AX73 Can't Get VPN Client to work" and provide us the .ovpn config file that is used to import to the Archer AX73 via email.

Options
Re:Can't Get VPN Client to work-Solution
2023-06-05 12:00:27 - last edited 2023-06-06 06:56:56

@Sunshine - Got this to work by using the Android 'unified' .ovpn file rather than trying to amalgamate the 3 files supplied by Mullvad for Windows myself.

Only gripes would be it halves my download speed (not upload though) and it gives a webRTC leak through Chrome of my internal IP. Brave blocks this though.

Still a good function to have on the router.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't Get VPN Client to work
2023-06-06 06:57:56

@myke52 

Thanks a lot for your update and the shared solution, which will help others a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles