Unable to Connect my NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to Connect my NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to Connect my NVR
Unable to Connect my NVR
2023-06-04 16:52:29
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Airtel Fiber internet which provides Wired and Wireless internet. I have connected my NVR to one of the LAN ports of Airtel Fiber with IP Address 192.168.0.1. The IP Address configured in the NVR/cameras is 192.168.0.2 and this works fine.  Now I have bought MR100 (on date 01-05-2023, Delhi, India) to backup by CCTV NVR with a 4G SIM connection. I have connected the output of Aitel FIber router LAN into the WAN port of MR100 and connected my NVR Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the MR100. Now My CCTVs are not visible on my mobile.. Probably because the IP Address is 192.168.1.1 instead of 0.1.

I tried changing this, but there is an error of subnet that comes. Please guide and help me what to do.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to Connect my NVR
2023-06-05 11:38:30 - last edited 2023-06-06 09:00:57

@KSBawa 

Hi, may I know if your mobile is connected to MR100 wirelessly or still connected to Airtel Fiber modem or router? 

For any router product, the WAN and LAN cannot be within the same subnet, so does the MR100, that is why you are unable to change its LAN IP to 192.168.0.x since its WAN IP is 192.168.0.x., if you just need to manage the CCTVs at home, please connect your phone to the MR100 wireless network instead of the Airtel Fiber wireless.

Options
2023-06-05 13:28:07

@KSBawa Thank you so much and really appreciate your response. Though I am not a core IT person, but i am trying to fix out something.

1. I use my mobile 4g sim to view the CCTV footage, even when i am at home just to simulate outside home condition. I keep the wifi of my mobile off.

2. With the same Airtel fiber router, i have two more extender routers. My CCTV NVR transmits the video signals to the cloud when I connect to either one of all these three routers. Because my CCTV cameras IP addresses are all set to 192.168.0.x, so i assume all of these routers transmit these IP addresses. This IP address is configured in the mother router i.e. the Airtel fiber. It is only the MR100 which is not able to convery this IP address to the CCTV NVR.

3. If I set the IP address of the mother router to 192.168.1.x, then my CCTV stops sending data to cloud and i cannot see on my mobile.

4. Till now i have not even tried the 3g/4g sim option of the MR100, the very basic purpose of me buying this new router.

Thanks in advance, waiting for your response.

Options
2023-06-06 09:11:38

@KSBawa 

Hello, based on your description, your CCTVs support cloud management remotely, without additional settings on the router such as port forwarding etc., is that right?

If that is true, the CCTVs only need internet access to connect the cloud. 

To ensure the internet access on your home network and CCTVs, it is recommanded to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses automatically on those CCTVs, because you have different routers with different IP addresses. 

For example, if your Airtel fiber router LAN IP is 192.168.0.1, MR100 WAN port is connected to Airtel fiber router, the MR100 WAN IP will be 192.168.0.x which is assigned by the Airtel fiber router, thus MR100 LAN IP cannot be 192.168.0.x anymore, and you could use 192.168.1.1 as the MR100 LAN IP.

In that case, if some CCTVs are connected to MR100, the CCTVs IP address must be 192.168.1.x to have internet access.

In addition, you mentioned two extender routers, please confirm if the two extender routers are in router mode or range extender mode, because router mode will have WAN and LAN as well, just like the MR100, however, if they are just range extenders, there will be no WAN port, then the extender LAN IP address will be still 192.168.0.X, which is in the same subnet as the mother router Airtel fiber router.

If I am not clear enough, please let me know.

Options
2023-06-06 09:35:10 - last edited 2023-06-06 09:38:03

@KSBawa 

Thankyou so much Sunshine, really appreciate your efforts.

Of the two extenders that I use, both are also TP link made. One of the them is a classic plug top extender and the other one is full blown router with three antenae. The setting for those are not known to me as they were done by my son who now lives in abroad. I am sure they must be running in extender mode only because my cctvs work fine with them and they must be picking up 192.168.0.x from the mother Airtel router.

From your response, i gather that if i have to run my CCTVs from MR100, then CCTV must be configured to be running on DHCP, which i will check if I can. if not, then i will have to change the IP settings of my CCTVs to 192.168.1.x else they wont transmit data to the cloud which i then access on to my mobile app of CP Plus. I hope that this works.

Also i hope that the cameras will still works even if I run the MR100 on the 3g/4G sim. Presently i am use the LAN port of Airtel to ---> feed the WAN port of the MR100.

I will keep you updated in a few days.

Thank you very much once again to spare your valuable time.

Options
2023-06-06 09:42:45

@KSBawa 

Yes, you are correct, CCTVs IP address need to be 192.168.1.x if they connect to MR100, either using DHCP or using static IP.

And they will still work when MR100 works with 3G/4G SIM.

Options
2023-06-16 07:43:13

@Sunshine 

Thank you so much. I got the IP settings of my cameras and NVR to set at 192.168.1.x and now I am able to see my cameras on my Mobile.

Today I have purchased a Jio 4G sim. Sim Card Shows ready in Chrome browser login to TP LInk, the 3 level LED range lights are glowing, signal strength is 75%. All Good. But I am not able to use get the 3g/4g internet (shows disconnected) nor the SMS send and receive. So i am not able to see my cameras again when I take out my WAN connection from the Airtel Fiber router. THIS WAS THE BASIC REASON FOR ME TO BUY THIS ROUTER SO THAT WHENEVER MY MAIN INTERNET FAILS, 3G/4G SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY BACK IT UP SINCE I AM TRAVEL LING FOR SOME DAYS.

I have done the setting to Wireless Router Mode which accepts an Ethernet connection as prime source of internet and 3g/4g as backup source.

My question is that am I using the right Sim (this is the same SIM that works fine in my mobile phone) or is there any settings that I need to do.

REQUEST PLEASE EXTEND SIMILAR SUPPORT AS YOU DID LAST WEEK. I AM LEFT WITH ONLY TWO DAYS TO TRAVEL.

Options
2023-06-16 19:39:10

@KSBawa 

Hello.. I resolved this issue over night research only to discover that Jio 3g/4g sim doesnt work. I switched to Airtel and things work out on single click.

This issue, i came to know over the net that is very frequent and TP Link has not done anything about this. I had to struggle for two nights.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 7