how to access tplink router via vpn link
how to access tplink router via vpn link
2023-06-05 06:39:48
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi all,

ive made a IPSEC IKEv1 tunnel from site a to site b and visa versa

i can access both lans from site a to site b and visa versa as well so it all works

the only thing i cant access is the tplink router from the other lan or site, there other lan or site can access my opnsense router but i cant access the tp link router

thanks,

rob

Options
9 Reply
Re:how to access tplink router via vpn link
2023-06-05 07:41:53

@robertkwild 

Hello, may I have a topology of your whole network on both sites? and the IPSec site to site VPN are configured on your other routers or on the TP-Link router?

By the way, what is the hardware and firmware version of your Archer C2300 router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-08 12:50:34

@Sunshine sorry for the really late reply, just been busy at work

so site B can access anything in site A (even the firewall ie opnsense the web gui and ssh) and can use site A's DNS for its devices ie 10.100.1.254

site A can access site B all apart from the router, cant web gui into it or ping it

i will message back with the tp link router firmware as im not there atm

Options
2023-06-08 19:29:11 - last edited 2023-06-08 19:49:45

@Sunshine i have the Archer VR 600 v3 fw-1.4.0.0.9.1

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-vr600/#Firmware

EDIT - ive upgarded the router but still the same, i cant access the web gui of the router from the other site

Options
2023-06-09 05:38:03

@robertkwild 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

I thought the TP-Link router is Archer C2300, which doesn't support IPSec site to site VPN.

For VR600 V3 DSL modem router, currently it doesn't support to be accessed via VPN tunnel for security consideration, if you really need to access it remotely, it is recommended to enable remote management and use its public IP to access it remotely.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-09 09:52:14

@Sunshine thanks

i noticed you need to turn on "remote" ICMP and management if you want to ping or access the web gui via remote ie from another network

do you know as ive set up the IPsec tunnel from both sites, is there a way for me to use site B's DNS for some of my devices in site A

Options
2023-10-07 18:32:47 - last edited 2023-10-20 08:01:04

Glad to hear the IPSEC tunnel is up and running smoothly between Site A and Site B! It's strange about the TP-Link router issue. Have you checked the  Visa routing settings on both ends? Maybe a route is missing. Let me know if you need any help troubleshooting!

Options
2023-10-13 19:10:30

It sounds like you've successfully set up the IPSEC tunnel between Site A and Site B, which is great! Regarding accessing the TP-Link router, make sure you have the correct IP address and subnet configured in your network settings. Double-check any firewall rules that might be blocking the connection Cortisol blocker. If the issue persists, consider looking into specific TP-Link router settings that might affect remote access.

Options
2024-03-14 14:51:57

@Sunshine could it be thath it is not possible with other devices like the ER707-M2 to connect to a management interface when going trough the VPN interface. 

If so is there no option to allow this? 

Options
2024-03-15 01:28:15

@SamVa 

Hi, I am not very sure about this business router ER707-M2, it is recommended to check or start a new thread on our business community to confirm it:

Routers Forums - Business Community

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 817

Replies: 9

Related Articles