Powerline OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline OneMesh
Powerline OneMesh
2023-06-08 05:09:48 - last edited 2023-06-08 15:21:19
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

So i have been looking into this OneMesh system on my powerline router webpage, which requires a router that supports it, at the moment I have 2x TL-WPA8631P powerline plugs which support onemesh but won't connect with each other as i currently use a ASUS RT-66U router & i doubt we can mix different brand routers for mesh systems.

And the feature of seamlessly not loosing wifi connection as move room to room while streaming & then having to reconnect to my other powerline seem appealing to me to way I use WiFi devices around house.

So after researching online about it, i learned that Onemesh uses WiFi to connect to each other on repeaters using 5Ghz wifi rendering 5Ghz wifi unavailable, but there no information on how the Powerline Onemesh system works as it data is passed through house electrical powerlines?

Can someone clear it for me before buying a TP-Link archer Axe75 Ax5400 router just for mesh feature 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline OneMesh -Solution
2023-06-08 15:20:47 - last edited 2023-06-08 15:21:19

@Sunshine Thanks for replying, but that's not what I'm trying to figure out, I'm trying figure out whether Powerline connects to router via 5Ghz for mesh network or through the powerlines itself?

As all online information is for repeaters which connect via WiFi to main router for data Transfers.

As I'm only looking for seamless connectivity while walking around house without disconnection issues while streaming.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline OneMesh
2023-06-08 08:25:32

@Yd0786 

Hi, to build an OneMesh network between TP-Link OneMesh router and powerline extender, the network topology are still the same as before: pair the powerline adapter and extender, and connect powerline adapter to the router via Ethernet cable.

Then you could add the powerline extender into the OneMesh network on the router, or join OneMesh network on the powerline extender, there are several methods to do that, please refer to the video here: How to Add a TP Link OneMesh Powerline Adapter to Your Existing OneMesh Network

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Powerline OneMesh -Solution
2023-06-08 15:20:47 - last edited 2023-06-08 15:21:19

@Sunshine Thanks for replying, but that's not what I'm trying to figure out, I'm trying figure out whether Powerline connects to router via 5Ghz for mesh network or through the powerlines itself?

As all online information is for repeaters which connect via WiFi to main router for data Transfers.

As I'm only looking for seamless connectivity while walking around house without disconnection issues while streaming.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Powerline OneMesh
2023-06-09 07:05:09

@Yd0786 

Hello, OneMesh network between OneMesh router and powerline extender is via WiFi, the powerline connection is only used between the powerline adapter and powerline extender.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1070

Replies: 3

Related Articles