Archer C80 restarting on its own very often

2023-06-12 12:00:33 - last edited 2023-11-22 02:30:10
Tags: #Firmware Update #Restart
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38878n(5553)

My router restarts on its own. First I thought may be it is heating a lot whilst keeping it in a well ventilated space, so I started turning off my router when it isn't in use which is more than 8 hours when I sleep. But the issue still persits.

Secondly, when I reached out to support they asked me to upgrade the firmware and to do it via ethernet. But I seriously doubt how this makes any sense, because by default auto-update is turned on in the router admin board. So the router won't be worried if it is ethernet or wifi, it just updates on its own if it is connected to WAN.

Anyways, I did update the firmware connecting to ethernet, and yes I restored it to factory defaults before updating. 

It still restarts as I type this message. No email reply after the first one which has been nearly a week now. In working from Home era, this is really not tolerable. If this isn't resolved im not going to step into Tp Link anymore. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C80 restarting on its own very often-Solution
2023-11-22 02:30:06 - last edited 2023-11-22 02:30:10

@DhanushCeg 

Hi,

If you are still experiencing similar issues, we recommend trying the solution provided in this thread: Archer C80v1&v2.2/C64v1/C6v4 Restarting Randomly

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C80 restarting on its own very often
2023-06-13 06:01:49

@DhanushCeg 

Hello, thank you for the feedback.

1. May I know if there is any trigger when the router restarts on its own? Such as when you connect a specific device or run a specific application?

2. If no specific trigger, how often does it usually happen? Like once or multiple times a day?

3. Did you enable Reboot Schedule on the router to let it reboot automatically at a specific time?

4. When the problem happens, what is the LED status on the router? It will work fine again after it reboots once on its own, right?

5. How many client devices are usually connected to the router? what are they? and via wired or wireless connection?

6. When did you purchase this router? and the auto reboot issue started since the purchase or just recently?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-13 19:38:03 - last edited 2023-06-13 19:40:10

@Sunshine Thanks for responding back. Please find my answers below

1. May I know if there is any trigger when the router restarts on its own? Such as when you connect a specific device or run a specific application?
-- No triggers, I just have my usual devices that I'm connecting for years now, no change in devices or applications. 

2. If no specific trigger, how often does it usually happen? Like once or multiple times a day?
--Multiple times a day, initially it started to restart every few minutes but now it restarts as and when it wants, even after 10 seconds. Sometimes it is stable, it doesn't even restart and act like everything is normal.

3. Did you enable Reboot Schedule on the router to let it reboot automatically at a specific time?

--No I made sure I had it turned off in the settings.

4. When the problem happens, what is the LED status on the router? It will work fine again after it reboots once on its own, right?

--It just turns off all the lights, then all the lights will come back up with the internet LED in orange color, then Power LED blinks for 10 secs or so, then other LEDs comes back up one by one.

5. How many client devices are usually connected to the router? what are they? and via wired or wireless connection?

--7 devices. All wireless connections. Just laptops, smartphones and a smart TV. Two of the laptops have VPN enabled since it is a corporate device.

6. When did you purchase this router? and the auto reboot issue started since the purchase or just recently?

--I purchased it nearly 3 years ago (2 years and 10 months, I believe). But one thing to note is, I had an issue with the router I got initially, it kind of did what it is doing now, I took it to the service center, after a few days, they gave me a replacement. So techincally the router I have now should be less than 2 years old. 

Options
2023-06-18 17:00:20

@Sunshine Could you help? Im still struggling with the issue.

Options
Re:Archer C80 restarting on its own very often-Solution
2023-11-22 02:30:06 - last edited 2023-11-22 02:30:10

@DhanushCeg 

Hi,

If you are still experiencing similar issues, we recommend trying the solution provided in this thread: Archer C80v1&v2.2/C64v1/C6v4 Restarting Randomly

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 501

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles