Help with ISP downgrad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help with ISP downgrad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help with ISP downgrad
Help with ISP downgrad
2023-06-12 20:52:28
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220826 Rel.58057n

Hello,

I've upgraded my router with the latest version in the TP-link page. After this i stopped having internet from my service supplier, the signal is always coming and going in the signal level bar.

I had the version MR600(EU)_V2_21082501 and now have the ISP_23021501.

Is there a way to downgrade the ISP or is my router damaged for ever?

My router is the one in the image.

Thanks for the help and support,

Regards

Carlos Oliveira

Options
6 Reply
Re:Help with ISP downgrad
2023-06-13 08:44:18

@CarlosOliveira 

Hello, the ISP file cannot be downgraded, but we could try to troubleshoot the current issue, please help to confirm the following information:

1. Who is your ISP? Is the SIM card still working fine on other 4G devices?

2. May I know if internet doesn't work at all now on the MR600, or internet still works but unstable?

3. You mentioned that the signal level bars always come and go, it changes slowly or quickly? May I have a short video? And when there are signal bars light up, is internet working?

4. When the MR600 doesn't work, please login its web interface and share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status and Advanced->Network->Internet page, then go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page to save a log file.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-13 13:16:08

@Sunshine 

Hello,

First of all thanks for the help.

1- my ISP is MEO from Portugal. The sim works fine in another device.

2- internet works, but is more unstable. It stops working for a few seconds and then works again. I have the router configured for 4G only. I also noticed that the MR600 no longer got 4G+ signal, only 4G.

3- the bars change slowly. Once per minute or less. But they used to be more stable before the upgrade. The internet sometimes fails and I still have one or two bars in the router.

4- when i don't have any internet i'm not able to log on the router using the WIFI.

Is it possible that the ISP file I use is not suitable for my router?

Regards,

Carlos Oliveira

Options
2023-06-14 10:04:08

@CarlosOliveira 

Hi, your current ISP file version is suitable for MR600 V2 as well.

Regarding the current issue, here are the suggestions:

1. Normally even though there is no internet access, wireless clients should be still able to login the web interface, please make sure no other network is connected on the device at that moment, if it still doesn't work, you could login again when internet recovers automatically, then save a log file on System Log page.

2. May I know if all wired and wireless clients lose internet at the same time? Or just WiFi issue? 

Please try to change the WiFi channel from Auto to static one, also try to select 4G band manually to see if it will be more stable.

How to select 4G band manually on the web interface of LTE Gateway Routers

By the way, may I know how often usually it happens? Like once a day, or multiple times a day? Will it always recover automatically in a few seconds?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-14 10:44:39

@Sunshine 

Hello,

I'm only using wireless connections, normally fails to all devices at same time. I will do a log when this happens again.

I've already locked the router to 4G only.

This happens a few times during the day and always recovers a few seconds later.

My only doubt is why did this only started after I uploaded the ISP file.

Options
2023-06-15 16:07:47

@Sunshine 

Hello,

I've selected a band and this improved the connection, nevertheless I still have internet failures.

I noticed that sometimes this failures happen although the router shows signal bars.

During this failures I'm not able to connect to the router trough wireless.

See the log file below

Thanks for the help.

Carlos

Options
2023-06-16 07:09:39

@CarlosOliveira 

Hello, the screenshot of the log is not complete and no issue recorded in this part of logs, when it happens next time, could you please click "Save Logs" to save a log file and attach the log file to your reply?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 6

Related Articles