Port forwarding limit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port forwarding limit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port forwarding limit?
Port forwarding limit?
2023-06-13 10:44:15 - last edited 2023-06-28 12:26:27
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently discovered my AXE95 only supports 64 mac reservations (was sad when I saw this). Anyhow, just wondering what, if any, the limit on port forwarding entries there might be? Want to know before I get in a situation where its a problem. Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding limit?
2023-06-15 06:18:21

@Roachforlife 

Hi,the Virtual Servers under NAT Forwarding supports 32 entries at most, if it is not enough for you, please let us know what kind of devices you have which needs open so many ports.

In addition, if the ports you need to open are continuous, you could also use a port range for one entry, so 32 entries don't mean 32 ports open at most.

Options
2023-09-27 15:53:31

@Sunshine I am in a similar predicament.

I have roughly 40 IP-based wildlife and security cameras. Rather than use the native DDNS and Apps, I've turned off these "phone home" routines and access them all with RTSP streams on my LAN via their own IP addresses. In order to access them from outsuide my LAN, I have allocated each camera a bank of ports - and ran out of space as my cameras fleet hit 32.

To overcome this temporarily I have put a WISP router in the feed to a dozen of my cameras which are on a separate subnode and forwearded as individual port banks in the WISP router, but as a job lot in the main router (from the WISP router's host address). However, this is far from ideal and complicates things unnecessarily - would prefer a native DSL router that allowed 64 port forwards. Is there such an animal, or can one be flashed to achieve it, please?

Options
2023-09-27 19:05:38
Also please bare in mind that these devices can be used as routers for subnets in a primary network, i.e. the primary network may be inaccessible i.e. firewalled from the WAN but several of the consisting subnets may need access to any of the max 256 devices and/or services residing in any of the subnets, hence the max 32 number of NAT forwards is way way too low IMHO.
Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 845

Replies: 3

Related Articles