Votes

Why only 64 MAC reservations on my router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 10:47:25 - last edited 2023-06-14 06:40:01

Got this new router a month ago and was looking to move 99% of my devices to MAC reservations (static IP). Was shocked and sad when I hit the 64 limit unexpectedly. I certainly didnt see this written in the product description or packaging. Anyhow I contacted TP Link and to be honest, they dont seem to care. Said this is a limitation of the product. Yet i have 12year old routers that dont have this limit. I know more than 64 devices can connect as I have 70 connected at the moment and they work fine, just not all have static IPs.

So Im wondering why TP Link adds this needless limitation to their products. They cant (or dont) want to give me an answer. 

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why only 64 MAC reservations on my router?
2023-06-14 06:38:59 - last edited 2023-06-14 06:39:33

@Roachforlife 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback.

The Archer AXE95 indeed only allows 64 address reservations now, and it is designed this way. Considering that it allows more than 64 clients connections, I do agree with you that more address reservations should be allowed on such High-end Router models. Therefore, we have already reported it to our senior engineer and related department to evaluate whether it can be improved in the future.

While at this moment we don't have any specific details that I can share around if it can be changed, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and move this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Why only 64 MAC reservations on my router?
2023-06-14 11:59:09

@Sunshine Thank you. I got a VM from someone at TPLink last week (when I called) that said the same. That is great but TBH, I see threads here in this community as well as reddit and other forums from 2019 with the same complaints and same responses from TPLink. So in 4 years, nothing has changed. But heres to hoping TPLink allows users to use their products to their fullest. If it supports more than 64 clients (which it definitely does) there is no reason I can fathom to limit this. Thank you for your help

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 558

Replies: 2

Voters 1