No-ip problem and remote DVR Cam (Archer MR400)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 07:19:04
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,
I have replaced a TD-W8970 modem/router with an Archer MR400.
At my home I have a CCTV system that through the TD-W8970 I could reach remotely via web (through no-ip address www.xxx.no-ip.biz) and app on smarthpone.
On the TD-W8970 both dynamic DNS via no-ip domain and port forwarding with the cameras' DVR was configured, and everything worked great.

I performed the same settings on the new Archer M400, but the cam DVR is not remotely reachable.

In detail the settings performed on Archer MR400
-Reserved DVR IP address
-Link no-ip domain (with positive result)
-Set forwarding of DVR ports.

Are there any other settings to be made? Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:No-ip problem and remote DVR Cam (Archer MR400)
2023-06-20 06:32:24

@MV84 

Hi, The MR400 is using with a SIM card now instead of Ethernet WAN, right?

Please check Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part to confirm if it is a public IP or private IP/CGNAT IP.

If it is a private IP/CGNAT IP, it means there is another NAT in the front(ISP side), port forwarding will not work, in that case, please contact your ISP to see if they could assign you a public IP address directly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1

Related Articles