Unable to remote access MR200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 11:10:26
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.00.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220513 Rel.40397n

Hi,

I have enabled remote access into my router but have not been able to access it remotely.

I have tried adding a TP-Link DDNS service but still no joy.

Is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to remote access MR200
2023-06-20 06:24:53

@Imanewbiedotcom 

Hi, you mean remote web management, right? Please check Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part to confirm if it is public IP or private IP/CGNAT IP.

If it is a private IP/CGNAT IP, remote web management will not work, please contact your ISP to see if they could assign you a public IP address directly.

Options
Re:Unable to remote access MR200
2023-06-20 07:25:33

@Sunshine 

Hi. Thanks you for your response.

I'm not an IT guru so I'm not sure how to tell if it's public or private. I think it is private IP/CGNAT as it is in the range 10.150.xxx.xxx. The DNS servers are in the 82.132.xxx.xxx range, which I believe would be public.

I'm not that bothered about remote administration of the router. That was just a test to see if I could reach the router from the internet.

What I actually want to achieve is a gateway (if that is the correct term) to a non-OS device (a PLC) that sits on the router LAN. Basically, I want to pass all traffic coming in from the internet to this device, preferably only traffic from  a whitelist would be allowed through. Would this be possible with a private IP/CGNAT address?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 448

Replies: 2

Related Articles